Melissa

My photo
I am a wedding and portrait photographer serving the West Michigan area...though my passport is up to date and I am willing to travel! This a blog that will allow you to see my most recent work, and see photos from my wonderful family life. Enjoy!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Missions Trip


Many of you know, I have been planning a missions trip to Costa Rica. One month from today I will be in Costa Rica!! I am really looking forward to this amazing oppurtunity. However, that means LOTS of prep work. I really need to stay on task this month to make all this work. =)
There will be five of us going...and I am thrilled to go with these girls. Not only will we be busy helping a wonderful church and missionary family down there...we will be having FUN. How could you not with us five girls. =)
My main job down there will be photography. On the Sat. we are down there, we are having a women's seminar focussing on discipling others, and dealing with the horrible problem down there...sexual abuse. I will be photographing the event and giving a short speech on how to disciple other ladies, and will be taking photos of the families in the church for a church directory....I have been told most of the families down there have never had a "professional picture" taken of them. So it will be fun to give them that first experience.
So please pray for us. I will post photos when we get back. We will be down there from Oct. 22nd-29th. My sweet Norah will be at Grandma and Grandpa Gregersen's house. I don't think I have to worry about her at all...she loves it there. =)
Ok...off to bed. I have a wedding tomorrow. =)

No comments: