Melissa

My photo
I am a wedding and portrait photographer serving the West Michigan area...though my passport is up to date and I am willing to travel! This a blog that will allow you to see my most recent work, and see photos from my wonderful family life. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

this week...

Hi all...again another busy week. Jayme had another week off...his new job delayed his start date one more week, which I must admit doesn't bother me one bit. I have gotten used to him at home. He is awesome. As I am working on pictures, I can hear him cleaning up the kitchen. I love that man.

Well, this week has been busy...lets start with 7 days ago. Norah and her sticky little fingers have gotten a hold of my wedding rings...and they are now gone. We have finally given up and called it in to our insurance company. Some of you may remember I lost them last year, and they were found a week later in my work parking lot...well, we are guessing Norah threw them in the garage. =( So...Friday I get to go in and order new rings.

On Sat. I had a wonderful wedding to photograph. It was a PERFECT day....until I dropped my Canon 5D camera at the reception...the strap gave way and it fell right off my body! I was freaking out initially...but I think no major damage was done...except for a remote lighting piece on top of my camera. I am taking it into the camera shop tomorrow, just to have someone look it over. I have another wedding on Sat. and need that camera in well working order. So, as of right now, that fall will cost me $150 to replace that remote....much better than $1500 for the lens!

Fast forward a couple days, and last night was BAD. Norah refused to go to sleep. We all finally crashed after midnight. We "fought" with her for over two hours. Tonight, at 11pm she finally went to bed. We have learned that she is a night owl and we will just have to deal with that...hopefully this phase will not last long.

Here is a quick snapshot of Norah falling asleep one night on the couch...she is so adorable asleep...but she can really put up a fight when she is awake.

Here is one of my favorite photos from the wedding I am working on this week. I will hopefully have it done by Friday....I have a photo session Friday evening and a wedding on Saturday, so need to get it done.

Ok...that is all my news for the week. Hope you all are a having a little better luck with your week. =)



No comments: